Winter Maintenance Tips & Design Trends
Nothing looks prettier than freshly fallen snow, especially when the light of the sun, moon and stars hits it. However, the weather in winter can wreak havoc on your home, so you need to think about maintenance before issues like frozen pipes, icicles on your gutters, ice dams, etc. become a major problem. Fortunately, there are a number of winter home maintenance tips you can follow to prevent any winter woes that may affect your home. You can consult the top residential home builders in Sonoma County to help ensure that your home is well-maintained, and looks pretty as a picture all winter long.
6 Best Design Trends and Tips for Home Maintenance in Winter
Here is a look at the top 6 winter home maintenance tips and design trends to keep in mind so that your home is problem-free and looks amazing during the cold season.
1. Get Your Furnace Checked: One of the most important things for your home in winter is ensuring that it is always warm and cozy. This is why you should get your furnace examined by a trained professional, and make sure that it is in proper working order. The technician will do the necessary inspection of your furnace, including the filters, and also check for carbon monoxide leaks.
2. Prevent Frozen Pipes: A burst pipe can cost you a lot of money, but you can prevent the problem with a little home winter maintenance. It is a good idea to wrap your pipes with insulation – rubber foam or fiberglass sleeves are ideal materials. Also, make sure to caulk holes and cracks near pipes so that cold air cannot reach them. Hiring a licensed contractor can also help ensure that your pipes are winter-ready.
3. Remove Window Screens: One of the top trends in winter home design is using more natural light. To increase the natural light in your home, remove your window screens this winter. This not only makes your home look more visually appealing, but also eliminates the risk of snow getting trapped between your windows and screens, which may damage the sills and frames.
4. Decorate Safely: Decorating your home is a must when the holiday season rolls in, but it is important to stay safe with your holiday decorations. Make sure to check the wires of your light display inside and outside your home to prevent fire hazards. To make your home look extra special this winter, follow one of the big trends, and fill some jars with your twinkly lights, and place them on your porch or string them around your window frames.
5. Clean Your Yard: To make sure that your yard is safe this winter, get rid of fallen leaves, twigs and other debris. It will also save you the hassle of a major cleanup when winter is over. You can use the twigs and sprigs of pine to decorate your home. Decorating with nature is a popular trend right now so you can make good use of some of your garden debris.
6. Clean and Store Your Outdoor Furniture: Home maintenance in winter cannot be complete without washing and covering your outdoor furniture. There are many stylish outdoor furniture covers you can use to keep them looking amazing while protecting them from the elements throughout winter. However, the best thing you can do is store your outdoor furniture indoors after you have cleaned and covered them.
With these 6 tips, you can make sure that your home is ready for winter, and you can avoid any problems that could result in costly repairs. For the best residential home builders in Sonoma County, call Holly Construction, Inc. Inc. today, you will be pleased with the top-notch service provided!
- Posted On December 18, 2018