Modern Building Trends for Luxury Custom Homes
Before you embark on the journey to design the luxury home of your dream, get the basics of home construction right. Once you finalize your new luxury home’s layout, you can start designing every area of your home.
Here are the latest trends in home construction.
➢ Green building construction: Conscious consumerism is on the rise. Builders are seeing growing demand for green building practices. If you want to reduce your carbon footprint, build a green, sustainable home. Here are some green home building ideas.
- Use Energy Star certified doors and windows and an Energy Star rated HVAC system.
- Heating and cooling account for 50 percent of an average home energy consumption. Proper insulation will reduce your energy consumption.
- Install solar panels.
- Install rainwater harvesting systems, tankless water heaters, and water-conserving fixtures such as low flow faucets, toilets, and showerheads.
- Install a green roof that can hold plants.
➢ Home security and automation systems: Home automation is increasing in popularity with each passing year. A home automation system simplifies your life. By installing smart lighting and smart devices, you can control them remotely using a smartphone or tablet. A home automation system must include a security system, smart smoke, carbon monoxide detectors, and smart door locks.
➢ Advanced communication infrastructure: Install cabling and wiring systems to support state-of-the-art entertainment and sound systems for your home office.
➢ Cost-effective building:
- Use low-cost building materials such as bamboo, compressed earth bricks, concrete blocks, and interlocking bricks.
- Avoid complex designs.
- Reuse and recycle materials.
Here are some custom home tips and design ideas:
➢ Extra storage:
- Utilize the dead areas in your home to increase your storage space.
- Use multipurpose furniture, functional baskets, and boxes.
- Look for beds that come with lots of storage.
- To utilize space under your stairs, add vertical drawers/pullouts or shutters to store necessary items.
- Add more shelves.
- Hang pots and pans from the ceiling of your kitchen.
- Install portable built-in cabinets
➢ Design your home lighting plan:
- Pick a theme, genre, or design type.
- Layer three types of lighting: ambient, accent, and task lighting.
- While choosing the light for a particular room, consider room lighting requirements.
- Consider multi-functional lights
➢ Plan your laundry room: In a multi-level home, the laundry should be on the same level as the bedrooms.
➢ Plan electrical outlets:
- Decide the number of electrical outlets you need in each room and outdoor areas.
- In the kitchen, equip all sides of the island with an electrical outlet.
- Make sure your living room has plenty of outlets available for people to plug-in and charge their devices.
- A simple bedroom will need a few outlets. If you plan to have a work area in your garage, install some electrical outlets near the workbench
- Posted On February 15, 2021